HOME ABOUT RECIPES DIY TRAVEL

Currently


I love currently posts, not only do I love sharing things with my dear readers, they also help me reconsider my past weeks, cherish the moments that stayed with me and keep me excited for whatever I have planned next. So let's start, shall we?

Currently, I am...

excited about: my summer! I'll be back in Switzerland, staying with my dear friend Raquel, doing yet another internship at the place of my last internship. I was supposed to do one this summer anyway, because it's mandatory with university but I really wanted to get away from Germany for a little while and while I know it's not my usual 'okay, let's pack my bags, where is the next flight leaving to' routine, staying with a friend, seeing all the people who hold a very special place in my heart again, I really couldn't think of a better place to be.
And on top of that, I think it will leave me with a lot of creative time for myself, something I haven't had in the past months. I hope I can spend a lot of time driving around Switzerland with nothing but my notebook and my camera.

watching: I have been completely hooked on Pretty Little Liars. I didn't want to study and was desperately looking for a new show to watch and so I started PLL without really thinking I would like it, well, turns out I love it. In the off chance you haven't seen this and look for a nice time consuming 'must watch it all at once' show, go ahead, give it a try, it's much better than it sounds like at first.

listening to: this is a tough one because I have been listening to the new The National for 4 weeks straight not even thinking about any other music. It was all I needed, it filled my heart and warmed my soul and I sat on swings not thinking about anything just getting lost in the beauty that is 'Heavenfaced' or 'Slipped'.



But then something happened. I found a picture of Kate Nash. She was my number one role model and queen of all girl crushes a couple of years ago and I wondered why I ever stopped listening to her music so I wanted to find out what she's been up to and now I am all back into the role model & girl crush heavens. Just look at her, listen to her. Perfection.



horrified about: what is happening to the people of Palestine. I know one should not mix blogging with politics, but you know what? Fuck that. There are children dying. Women. Innocent people. Gaza has no bunkers, no anti-missile systems, the people can't leave Gaza due to the huge wall that's around it and controlled by the Israeli military. Gaza is one of the most densely populated areas on earth, so every bomb that is aimed at Gaza is SURE to kill civilians. Israeli missiles have already hit a hospital, a facility for children with disabilities and God knows how many apartment buildings. How is that reasonable? How can we stand by and let these things happen?

It gives me hope to think, that Palestine is not alone in their struggle, and that a lot of Jewish people fight constantly against Zionism. I just wish te UN would stop turning their heads and do something to protect the oppressed people in Gaza. But then again, no one has been protecting the Syrian people... If you have the opportunity, just go to one of the peace marchs to show solidarity.

studying: UGH. UUUGH. So much to do, so little time. In the coming 3 weeks I will have to study 24/7. On friday, I have this presentation about constructivism, a really weird, complex theory. Both fascinating and a pain in the a... I think the hard part is that we have to cut it down to 20 minutes when it actually took me about 3 days to understand the idea behind it. But yeah, glad when that is over. And as soon as it is, I will have to start studying for my sociology exam, which will hapen in 3 weeks and I haven't done anything so far. I like sociology but I hink it could be really tricky. And it's A LOT! And when that is over, I need to write 2 papers and the internship report over the summer. Fun stuff.
Still, I couldn't think of anything better to study. I am learning a lot and I love learning (I'm sure everyone knows by now).

I hope you are having a great July so far! Keep it up :)

1 Kommentar:

LinkWithin