HOME ABOUT RECIPES DIY TRAVEL

Currently


Instead of worrying 24/7 about what'll happen come September and how we will ever find a flat and OMG how will we move all our stuff and what if I won't get into university....
I decided it's summer, I should enjoy that.
So I'm still worrying half of the time but allow myself to spend the other half carefree!

So currently I am...

feeling:  both happy and sad about leaving my internship. On the one hand I am going to miss everyone and I hate saying goodbye, then again it means I am moving forward. Three more weeks of mixed feelings ahead!

busy with: drawing! Looking for a cheap hobby I turned to something I have neglected for the longest time. Drawing calms me down as I have to concentrate on details and get absolutely absorbed in it.
It also requires nothing but pencil, paper and patience, so extra points for that.
Yesterday I finally figured out how to draw noses and I was so proud of myself.

loving:



This parody of the extremely objectifying video for the song 'Blurred Lines'.
I love how it's making a point in a really funny and talented fashion. As sad as it is that we need to see it reversed to identify objectification, this is just awesome!
"It's our opinion that most attempts to show female objectification in the media by swapping the genders serve more to ridicule the male body than to highlight the extent to which women get objectified and do everyone a disservice. We made this video specifically to show a spectrum of sexuality as well as present both women and men in a positive light(...)"

planning: Last week I found these beautiful chairs in the bulky waste near our house. They are everything I want in a chair and more, I knew I had to have them. I am convinced the universe put them right there for me to finally find them. (Just like my bicycle)
So I texted M about them and how desperately I want chairs like these, have in fact dreamt of them forever and could never buy another chair if I can't have THOSE.
I am very lucky to have a boyfriend as fascinated with old, half-broken furniture as myself, so when he came home from work he got them for me!
I know sometimes I bring home some hopeless cases that will end up in the waste eventually, but you would have to be blind to not see the potential of these chairs.
I'm thinking bright yellow paint. And new pillowcases (although I have no idea how to make them without a sewing machine)!


excited about: We finally got an appointment to look at an apartment. It is absolutely impossible to find a flat in the new city it seems, we spent hours on various websites trying to find something affordable and central.
The place we'll be looking at is just temporary as the people who live there now go abroad for 6 months but that would at least give us some time to find a place we actually like.

wearing: I have been throwing on my stamped dress a lot lately, it's so breezy and comfortable and ever since I put some dots on, it doesn't feel boring at all anymore.
Also, yesterday I cut myself some bangs after catching up with season 2 of New Girl and feeling very inspired by Cece's & Jess' hair. In retrospect having bangs in summer when your forehead is sweating might not be the best idea but I like them. And it's nothing dry shampoo won't fix.


Kommentare:

  1. Hach, wie hübsch! Pony zu tragen steht dir super, und das Kleid ist toll!

    Von den Stühlen bin ich auch total begeistert.

    Zukunftssorgen kann ich immer gut nachvollziehen... aber ich hoffe sehr, du kannst die weiterhin ein wenig verdrängen und den Sommer genießen.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Eben, die Stühle sind der Hit! Manche Leute stellen die schönsten Dinge zum Sperrmüll. Mich freuts :)

      Löschen

LinkWithin